Avidity is looking for a systems administrator that can help us keeping our production systems happy.
We need help with improving routines and automation for VPS deployments, server health monitoring and working with the development team to improve our deployment practices and tools.
Your expertise in how servers operate and what they need to stay happy is valuable knowledge for our developers. Because of this, you will be participating in day-to-day development effort of our various projects.
Please note that this is not an entry-level job.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience of Linux server management; preferably Debian systems
- Deep knowledge in modern web stack (application servers, caching layers, proxies, load balancers, persistence layers)
- Experience of release automation techniques
- Experience of hosting web applications
- Broad experience in the Linux operating system and the GNU toolchain
- Programming experience of bash + at least one other script languages
- Although we are in Sweden, speaking Swedish is not a requirement, but proficiency in English is
- Automation of servers
- Trimming the production environment (configuration of the web server, caching and database systems)
- Maintenance of peripheral systems (monitoring, log management, etc.)
- Add tests to code and write testable code
- Development of release programs, support the Developers with knowledge of server performance and automation
- Experience in agile development process and continuous deployment
- Competitive salary
- Central/ bright office furnished with adjustable tables and ergonomic chairs
- Work with a team of people who are developers and technology enthusiasts
- Computer and working tools of your choice
- Bicycle parking
Please send your application to email@example.com